DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
Computer Engineers are going to be in evergreen demand as computers have pervaded each and every sphere of human life. Looking to huge requirement of Computer Engineers in country and around the world, GITAM has been running this Department since its very inception. The Department has an abundant pool of computers. Keeping with its policy to save the environment, the Institute has procured the low carbon emission type of modern N-computing technology. All the laboratories are well furnished and are equipped with all the necessary hardware and software. Scholarly and hardworking Faculty forms the backbone of the Department.
|B. Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)||60|
|M. Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)||30|
|M. Tech (Cyber Forensics and Information Security)||18|
To be an acknowledged centre of excellence in the field of Computer Sciences and Engineering
by building a strong Research and Teaching Environment responding to the global challenges
with state-of- the-art infrastructure and well qualified faculty.
1. Moulding Computer Engineers with professional competence and global outlook which will
be beneficial to the society.
2. To prepare students for career in Industry or to pursue advanced graduate studies
3. To enable the students to do research on Computer Sciences and integrated research which
result in innovations into other scientific disciplines.
4. To provide a teaching environment that emphasizes in depth, original and critical thinking.
- To plan and implement innovative teaching & learning processes.
- To provide quality education matching with futuristic trends in Engineering & Technology.
- To develop the college into a global institute of learning and research of academic excellence.
- To strive at establishing an effective quality management system ensuring continual improvement.
- Initiating a culture or movement that research & academics are complementary to each other. Both are needed for upgrading the standard of education in our country
- Motivate faculty and students to design and fabricate and implement viable functional projects for the benefit of institution and country. The institution should provide the sufficient level of financial support & facilities as per the progress.
- Promotion of R&D activities in science and technology with special emphasis on emerging domain.
- Motivate faculty and students to participate in Seminar/Conference/Workshop and further share their knowledge, experience with faculty and students and submission of proposals to R&D cell.