DEPARTMENT OF FIRE TECHNOLOGY AND SAFETY
To become a centre of excellence in the field of Fire Technology and Safety Engineering through advanced education, training and research to cater to the needs of industries and make the nation safe.
• To nurture the students for a successful career in Fire Protection, Safety, Occupational Health and Environment, Disaster Management through quality training and education.
• To conduct expert lectures from Industry/Academia/State Fire Services Department, PDP Sessions, Group Discussions, Visits to Exhibitions, Industrial Visits and Awareness Camps etc. for the holistic development of the students.
• To provide healthy environment of learning in which students and faculties acquire knowledge in the area of Fire Protection, Safety and Disaster Management to apply it professionally with due consideration for ethical, human life and property safety issues.
• To promote Fire and Safety culture through various awareness programmes for reducing accidents and production loss to make the society safe.
• To pursue research and developments in the area of Fire, Safety Engineering, Disaster Management, Environmental Management and Risk Assessment.