The purchase Committee will look into the matter relating to purchase of Equipments, Computers, peripherals, software, furniture, consumable and books etc. for the Institute.
- The Committee is responsible for stock verification and disposal after every academic year with the approval of the Director of the Institute.
The responsibilities of the purchase committee are mentioned below.
- It invites the requirements from the Heads of the departments for equipments, software, furniture, consumables and books etc.
- After receiving the requirement the committee calls for quotations from minimum three Vendors and prepares the comparatives which are to be firstly approved by the Director of the Institute and once the Director gives the go ahead the same is sent to the Governing Body/Management for approval.
- Once the approval from Management/Governing Body is received then the process of placing the order is initiated.
- On supply of the equipments and after installation based on the recommendation of the Head of the Department the Bills are forwarded to the Management through verification by the purchase Committee and Director of the Institute to the Management/Governing Body for payment to the supplier.