DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
Computer engineers are going to be in evergreen demand as computers have pervaded each and every sphere of human life. Looking to huge requirement of computer engineers in country and around the world, GITAM has been running this Department since its very inception. The Department has an abundant pool of computers. Keeping with its policy to save the environment, the Institute has procured the low carbon emission type of modern n-computing technology. All the laboratories are well furnished and are equipped with all the necessary hardware and software. Scholarly and hardworking faculty forms the backbone of the Department.
|B. Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)||60|
|M. Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)||24|
|M. Tech (Cyber Forensics and Information Security)||24|
Our vision is to offer up to date and flexible programs which will allow our graduates to be competitive in the job market. We strive to provide a hands-on approach in teaching computer related courses. To this end we are increasing the capacity of our computer laboratories as well as equipping them with the latest in hardware and software.
Our mission is to provide an excellent education in all computer related fields. Our main task is to prepare students for careers in industry or to pursue advanced graduate studies. After graduation our students will be able to perform research in all branches of the computing field. Also a part of our mission is to provide a teaching environment that emphasizes depth, originality and critical thinking.
- To plan and implement innovative teaching & learning processes.
- To provide quality education matching with futuristic trends in Engineering & Technology.
- To develop the college into a global institute of learning and research of academic excellence.
- To strive at establishing an effective quality management system ensuring continual improvement.
- Initiating a culture or movement that research & academics are complementary to each other. Both are needed for upgrading the standard of education in our country
- Motivate faculty and students to design and fabricate and implement viable functional projects for the benefit of institution and country. The institution should provide the sufficient level of financial support & facilities as per the progress.
- Promotion of R&D activities in of science and technology with special emphasis on emerging domain.
- Motivate faculty and students to participate in Seminar/Conference/Workshop and further share their knowledge, experience with faculty and students and submission of proposals to R&D cell.